To live is to leave Traces – Walter Benjamin
Every story, however hidden, leaves a trace…The objects we leave behind speak fragile broken sentences to those who come across them later. Have you ever stood in a museum and longed to make contact with those stories, by touching the objects so tantalisingly close behind the glass? Or wandered through a dilapidated and empty house, wishing you could see it as the last inhabitants left it?
In February 2014, Traces will be holding an immersive and interactive art and design showcase.
The location, era and characters behind Traces 2014 is currently top secret and the public is invited to follow a teaser campaign on twitter (@traceslondon) and instagram (@traceslondon) to discover this information for themselves. Maps, archival research and tokens will form a unique guerrilla campaign taking place around the site itself.
Nearly 100 established and emerging artists and designers have been invited to make new work especially for the event. Traces has also supported 13 brand new commissions which will be unveiled at the launch. So far we are delighted to welcome The Soft City, Custhom, Nic Parnell, Marina Dragamirova, Camilla Meijer, Marc Trotereau, Sahar Freemantle and many, many more to make work for the event. Traces wants to give emerging artists and designers a platform to present themselves to the public and the industry. Traces is a not for profit organisation and charges only 25% commission on work sold which goes back to the project for the next event.
Visit the Traces website
Register for tickets here
• A special press and industry evening will take place on Thursday 6 February 2014 from 6pm – 9pm.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be sent an invitation.
• There will be a special introductory screening for press to be announced.
Please email email@example.com to be added to the invite list.
• Traces is Donna Walker, Talulah Mason, Liam Morrisey and Sarah Barrett.
• Traces is partnered with Designersblock who have been staging the most memorable and innovative design events around the world since 1998. To date, Designersblock have produced and curated over 50 design shows in 13 cities (and in 10 countries) with over 2000 exhibitors, and produced shows for Selfridges and The London Architecture Biennale.
• Traces has been kindly supported by Arts Council England and Watchclub
Opening times: Friday 7 to Sunday 16 February 2014, 10.30am – 7.30pm